Transportation & Freight Management services – Transportation represents a large portion of supply chain costs. In some business units it’s as much as 90% and in many its tens of millions of dollars per year. Supply chain executives need to know that the prices they pay are low and the service their transportation function provides is high.
These objectives are embedded in environments buffeted by a myriad of day-to-day operational complexities.
- A customer needs her shipments expedited because the inventory was previously unavailable
- An order needs to be split between multiple facilities
- A carrier has early cut-off times
- The equipment cannot handle 40,000 pounds
- “Our Dimensional Weight charges are killing us!”
- And so on